Understanding the Dynamics of Domestic Abuse
November 9 @ 6:15 pm - 9:15 pm£60.00
Understanding the Dynamics of Domestic Abuse – Professional Curiosity Saves Lives
This interactive and thought-provoking training seeks to develop professional’s knowledge around the devastating impact of domestic abuse on adults and children. This domestic abuse training challenges the myths and stereotypes around abuse. This course equips delegates with the knowledge and confidence to ask the question, better understand the dynamics of abuse, how to signpost victims to lifesaving services and schemes both nationally and locally. This course gives staff the confidence to be professionally curious and think the unthinkable. The course will examine the dynamics around coercive control, why victims find it hard to disclose and leave, and some of the tactics used by perpetrators. It will develop other areas of additional vulnerability such as age, disability, pregnancy. We will show how professionals can reduce the risk of homicide, sharing lessons learned and the concept of professional helplessness.
Who is this Domestic Abuse Training for Early Years course for?
This course is suitable for all staff within schools and early years education. A whole team approach is the most effective safeguarding measure. This training is also not limited to education but accessible to any agency or organisation working with children and families. Here’s what others have said about the course:
“This training has had a profound effect on my practice within the school. It has already made a difference to a family. I will highly recommend it to others” Headteacher
“Thank you for the fantastic and professional training, it was certainly empowering” Headteacher
“Excellent training, thanks for giving me the confidence to ask the right questions” Head of Centre
“I have already actioned your training, spoke to a parent today and was able to make a difference to their situation” Headteacher
Why undertake a Domestic Abuse Course?
The recent Transforming the Response to Domestic Abuse, Consultation Response and Draft Bill (HM Government 2019) highlighted the top 3 professional groups that needed to do more to recognise the signs of domestic abuse, Education being one. This training is embedded in the principles of “Getting it right first time” and supporting professionals in what is a complex, challenging and emotive area. Survivors of abuse say they are more likely to disclose if asked the question and dealt with in an empathetic manner by confident professionals. This training is critical in improving the lives of many suffering in silence and delivering against the key objective of safeguarding. The training is targeted at a whole school approach for all staff, as domestic abuse is “Everyone’s business”.
- Develop professional’s knowledge and confidence around the dynamics of domestic abuse and coercive control on adults and children.
- Equip delegates with the skills and knowledge that will enable them to provide a proactive, responsive, and safe service to families experiencing domestic violence and abuse.
- Equip delegates with the knowledge and confidence to ask the question and signpost victims to specialist services and schemes.
- Explore why victims find it hard to disclose and leave abusive relationships (risk of homicide). As well as some of the tactics used by perpetrators.
- Challenge the myths and stereotypes around abuse.
- Provide delegates with the confidence to be professionally curious and think the unthinkable.
- Better understand the whole community response to domestic abuse and how to refer. Think family.
- Develop knowledge around Multi Agency Risk Assessments Conferences (MARAC) process and how to refer.
- Understand the links to other vulnerabilities such as drugs, alcohol, age, disability, and pregnancy.
Course Cost: £60 per person
Course length: 3 hours
How we deliver this Abuse Course
MBK Group is currently delivering our courses via Zoom Live. We use a lot of different methods to make sure courses are as interactive as possible. We are expecting delegates to have cameras on and sound on when required. MBK Group also requests that you take part in the feedback on our courses so that we can improve our services every time. We provide individual certificates for all of our courses.
Did you know you can book this domestic abuse training for early years course directly? We can deliver this domestic abuse training for schools to either your individual setting or to a group of settings arranged by yourself. To find out more about this then please either call us on 01527 452430, Contact Us or book the course direct in our Shop
For more detailed information about booking training courses see our Training FAQ’s