- This event has passed.
Early Years SENCO Survival Guide
January 1 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm£60.00
Early Years SENCO Survival Guide!
This course will look at the role and responsibilities of the Early Years SENCO as set out in the SEND Code of Practice in 2015. The role of the early years SENCO involves:
- Ensuring practitioners in the setting understand their responsibilities to children with SEN and the settings approach to identifying and meeting these
- Advising & supporting colleagues
- Ensuring parents are closely involved throughout and that their insights inform action taken by the setting
- Liaising with professionals or agencies beyond the setting
During this SENCO training session we will consider how each of these can be applied in a setting and offer advice and support in how best to manage this on a day-to-day basis.
This training for SENCO’s will enable them to:
- Have a greater understanding of the role and responsibilities of SENCO within settings
- Have the skills and knowledge to carry out their role effectively
- Carry out a professional review of their current SEND provision
- Work with all stakeholders (including parents) to support children with SEND
This may also be called SENDCO training for early years.
This course is delivered by our SEND Expert Lorraine Petersen, OBE whose experience in this field is second to none.
We are currently delivering our courses via Zoom Live. We use a lot of different methods to make sure courses are as interactive as possible and do expect delegates to have cameras on and sound on when required. We also request that you take part in the feedback on our courses so that we can improve our services every time. We provide individual certificates for all of our courses.
£45.00 per person
Course length: 2 hours
Did you know you can book this Early Years SENCO Survival Guide course directly? We can deliver to either your individual setting or to a group of settings arranged by yourself. To find out more about this then please either call us on 01527 452430, Contact Us or book the course direct in our Shop
For more detailed information about booking training courses see our Training FAQ’s