Supporting Children with SEND in an Early Years Setting (2 Sessions)
November 2 @ 6:15 pm - 8:15 pm£75.00
Supporting children with SEND in an Early Years Setting
An in-depth, comprehensive, practical and interactive course designed to teach practitioners about the broad areas of need as outlined in the SEND Code of Practice. This session will look at each of the areas in detail and offer support in identifying needs as well as offer practical strategies on how to support children identified in each of these identified areas:
- SEND Communication and Interaction Needs
- SEND Cognition and Learning Needs
- SEND Social, Emotional and Mental Health
- SEND Physical and/or Sensory Needs
This course is aimed at all students and practitioners wanting to develop their knowledge of SEND in young children and develop practical methods of supporting development within their setting.
Supporting SEND children in an Early Years Setting
- Understand the broad areas of need and the different difficulties that each contains
- Be aware of the difficulties of children with a variety of needs
- Be able to draw upon a number of strategies to support having difficulties in one or more areas of need
- Have a greater understanding of how to use equipment and resources from within a setting to support SEND
This course is delivered by our SEND Expert Lorraine Petersen, OBE whose experience in this field is second to none.
We are currently delivering our courses via Zoom Live. We use many different methods to make sure courses are as interactive as possible and expect delegates to have cameras on and sound on when required. We also request that you take part in the feedback on our courses so that we can improve our services every time. We provide individual certificates for all of our courses.
£75.00 per person
Course length: 4 hours
Did you know you can book this Supporting Children with SEND in an Early Years Course course directly? We can deliver to either your individual setting or to a group of settings arranged by yourself. To find out more about this then please either call us on 01527 452430, Contact Us or book the course direct in our Shop
For more detailed information about booking training courses see our Training FAQ’s