The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for any setting is an important role in providing a safe and supportive setting for the children, staff and parents. The importance of this role is underlined by both the EYFS and the Ofsted inspection framework. With agreement from multiple local authorities safeguarding boards, we are confident that this Designated Safeguarding Lead Training course can prepare any member of your team to take on the key role of DSL in the setting. We offer DSL Training at a cost that means that more staff can be trained, making managing your safeguarding in your setting that much easier.
This course can be delivered either at a venue with social distancing restrictions in place, or alternatively, remotely via Zoom, to meet the needs of the setting.
If you are looking for safeguarding training for schools and colleges click here.
DSL Training – DSP Training
The DSL Training course is split into 4 short modules that can be split in a variety of ways, please see further down the page for the current courses on our calendar and please be aware that all sessions will need to be attended. The content of the 4 modules is as follows:
Module 1 – Legislation, Referrals and Processes
- The aim of this module is to look at the statutory guidance and examine current serious case reviews to better assess the different risk factors in our settings
Module 2 – From Theory into Practice
- The aim of this module is to look at the four types of abuse (physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse and neglect) in more depth and at how this might appear in our day to day practice
- We also look at the longer-term effects on children who have been subject to abuse
Module 3 – A Toxic Mix?
- We examine a combination of factors pertinent to children’s safeguarding
- We look at the impact of communication in safeguarding situations
Module 4 – The Role of the DSL
- This module examines the specific requirements of the role, covering everything from your environment to safer recruitment
Course Length: 6 hours (can be split over 2 days)
Designated Safeguarding Lead Training – DSMS Training
This course is ideal for any managers, deputy managers and room leaders that need a greater understanding of the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead or are to be the main or deputised DSL for the setting. Attendees need to have covered the basics of Child Protection, this can be easily demonstrated if you have previously attended our courses on Child Protection and Safeguarding. If you have attended courses run by other providers then we will need to see proof of attendance of any relevant courses (e.g. your certificates and content elements) prior to the start of the course, if this is not provided then we reserve the right to ask you to leave the course.
We are currently delivering our courses via Zoom Live. We use many different methods to make sure courses are as interactive as possible and do expect delegates to have cameras on and sound on when required. We also request that you take part in the feedback on our courses in order that we can improve our services every time. We provide individual certificates for all of our courses.
Once you have booked this course then we will be in touch to organise a suitable date to deliver. To discuss this further then please either call us on 01527 452430, or Contact Us and we will get back to you.
For more detailed information about booking training courses see our Training FAQ’s