Working with Babies –
This course is aimed at giving practitioners the essential knowledge to work with and care for babies. The statutory framework requires that “at least half of all staff must have received training that specifically addresses the care of babies”.
It is important to understand how babies develop holistically and how they form attachments. In this training, we talk about the role of the key person, the importance of health and safety specific to babies, care routines such as feeding and sleeping, and the safeguarding areas to consider when caring for babies.
We will show you the benefits that enabling early years environments can bring to your babies, with the theory and care knowledge to prepare you practitioners for giving babies the best start in their Early Year’s journeys allowing them to stay safe and thrive.
This Working with babies course will enable practitioners to:
- Know the EYFS requirements for working with babies and what you must provide
- Understand the importance of attachment theory in daycare, routines, and play
- Understand the importance of the key person’s role
- Identify the health and safety considerations of working with babies
- Recognise specific Safeguarding considerations for babies
- Provide enabling the environment for babies